Kingsbury Mfg. Co., Keene, New Hampshire, 1919 - 1942.
In 1895, founder Harry T. Kingsbury bought Wilkins Toy Co. and combined it with the Clipper Machine Works. In the early 1900s, toy cars were introduced to the company line. The Wilkins line was dropped following WWI in favor of Kingsbury, which was by know an established name in the field.
By 1916 Kingsbury had developed machine tool technology.
Kingsbury specialized in copying famous models of aircraft and assembly-line, trucks, and buses. WWII saw Kingsbury shifting to war contracts and never returning again to toy production. While the firm remains in business, toy production ceased after 1942.
By 1945 Kingsbury was riding high on the rush of the post-war automobile business and all manufacturing was shifted to the design and manufacture of specialty machinery for a variety of metal forming industries. The company was taking on the look of today's Kingsbury Corporation.
The company still exists, but is now part of the Optimation company.