The Myford Engineering Co. -later to be changed to Myford Limited- was founded in September 1934, by the late Cecil Moore, at the present site and is presently headed by his grandson Mr. Christopher Moore.
The company was formed to fill a need for small, inexpensive metalworking lathes. Manufacture commenced with a 3" height machine, which became very popular.
The success of this original ML1 machine led to further Myford models and the manufacture of a whole range of similar machines under other brand names. World War II, brought a change to manufacture of Drummond lathes, poppet vale grinding machines for military use and special purpose machines for munitions production.